Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Surprise Ultrasound

I've been a real slacker in going to the doctor this pregnancy. I've felt great and so felt no real need to go soon. It took a while to find a doctor, I wanted one that would let me run during most of my pregnancy and would let me do my thing. So I asked around and got feed back and then it still took me a long time to call one. Finally when I did, they couldn't get me in for three weeks.

We had a trip planned to UT and we had wanted to find out the sex of the baby before then so we could tell all the family....but that didn't happen. Instead we just got everyone's predictions...that was fun too. The predictions for our family came in as we expected, Mikayla wanted a girl and the boys a brother, either way we figured it was a tie breaker! Lynneah, however had been telling us for the past two months that it was a girl baby and a boy baby in my tummy. We just figured she was combining what Josh and Mikayla wanted.....little did we know we should have listened to her more closely. I think the veil is thinner for our little ones and they remember more than we do.

We went to the first doctor's apt and did our ultrasound. He put it on my left side and we saw a baby right away. He was looking for the sex and baby wasn't cooperating but he hadn't looked all over my tummy yet...so I said, "We have a little girl who thinks we have two in here, could you just check and make sure there's only one for us." All he did was slide it a little bit over to the right and said,"Well, she's right". Merrill thought he was joking, I was just stunned! So here are the pics for you to enjoy! Lynneah was right! We have a girl baby and a boy baby on the way, due Nov 20!

When you open the page, the 3d pic at the top left column is our little boy and top right column is our little girl! I put the picture with their two heads next to each other because I think it's so cute! Their swapping secrets already!

They are both measuring great for my 22 weeks and are looking great! I feel so blessed! Very overwhelmed with the idea! But very blessed!

Merrill is still not so sure about this whole idea. The kids asked him, why he's not excited and he replied, "I'm scared to death guys! One baby is a lot of work, but two!" They all just laughed....but how right he is!

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy, but very exciting news! Those are some lucky babies to be coming to such an awesome family. Congrats to you guys!

Cindy said...

Cami,

I am just so excited for you guys! You are in for such an adventure!

Wilm2RS said...

Yes, Robyn is right! Those are some lucky babies to be coming to your awesome family. The 2nd twin knew he/she might not be able to join the fam if he/she didn't jump in with the other. Exciting times are ahead! CONGRATS!

Wilm2RS said...

btw, the Wilm2RS is Summer, Cami. Sorry....

Kathleen said...

When I heard you were expecting twins, I immediately envisioned chubbs, curls, best friends, and a whole lot of energy! So excited for your new adventure, (and a chance to see you all soon!;) Keep us posted!

Amy and Clark said...

About died when we heard the news! So exciting and crazy! What an adventure! We figure that if anyone can do it, it's you guys!!!

The Kimber Crew said...

I haven't read your blog for awhile so imagine my surprise at all your exciting news! I have absolute faith that you guys can handle these twins with ease. You are a super mom after all! I, however, am glad it isn't me! I love the idea of a girl and a boy set of twins though. Perfect! And I must say that your kids are HUGE! I haven't seen pictures of them in forever and I almost died when I saw MiKayla. I bet she is as tall as me and that hair!! And Josh. Man, those guys were babies last time I saw you! Such a fun family!

The Christians said...

CRAZY!! and exciting!! Congrats and good luck. If you are passing our way again and have time when your in Utah we'd love to see you!