Sunday, July 31, 2011

The 911 Call

Sorry, not pics for this one just a great story!

So lately Mikayla has been threatening Nano that she would call the police if he doesn't leave her alone....and then she proceeds to pretend to call them and tell them her brother has robbed a bank or something like that! Which Nano unfortunately believes and gets very upset about....well this time he decided to do something about it.

So Monday night, Nano was harrassing Mikayla again and this is how it played out:

Mikayla pretended to call 911 and tell them that Nano robbed a bank. Nano was upset and instead of telling us this time, he convinced Josh to call them back and tell them that he didn't really rob a bank. Josh dialed 911 and hung up because he was too scared, but since he actually dialed the number, it went through and they called us right back. Merrill was upstairs and answered the phone call of "this is 911, what is your emergency?"

So after a long lecture from us and losing all privileges for the next day, we decided to have them go apologize at the police station the next day. The kids all decided what they were going to say to apologize and this is how that went:

Mikayla went first and said, "Sorry, I fake called 911" - after which she got a lecture and the policeman thought he was done. Then Nano pipes up, "Sorry, I told Josh to call 911" and Josh said, "Sorry, I called 911". Then Neah said, "I didn't do it, it was hair "her"". At this point the policeman was trying not to laugh and still look stern and after replying, "this sounds like it was a joint effort" gave them all another lecture about when they should actually call 911. After which, he gave them all free slurpee coupons and stickers for being so brave - I wasn't so happy about that and wonder if they learned their lesson.....I guess time will tell!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Too funny Cami! I think you and Merrill should eat their slurpees just to really drive the lesson home:).

Kathleen said...

This just kind of makes me smile, is that bad? :)

Lindsay said...

Ha! I love your kids! My brother called 911 as a kid just to see if it was real and, just like Josh, hung up when they answered. But he called on a Sunday afternoon from my dad's office phone (which had a different number than our home phone) and my dad never answered his business phone on Sundays... so when the police called back and got no answer, they dispatched a couple of police officers to come to our house! Meanwhile, my brother came out of the office and asked my mom, "Is 911 real?" When the police showed up on the doorstep, my parents put two and two together and had my brother come talk to the police officers. He was mortified! But it made for an exciting Sunday. :)

Vance Family of 5 said...

I LOVE this story! Your kids are so cute! By the way, congrats on your news of 2 new editions! :)