Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hiking in Hawaii

We just had the most awesome week! My mom was amazing and came to watch our kids for a week while Merrill and I went to Hawaii. Merrill and I had a wonderful time and the kids loved the time with Grandma...it was a win win!
Scroll down...the next 7 posts are Hawaii also...we took over 200 photos!

We got to Hawaii Tuesday night and Merrill had conference stuff all day Wed. I got to sleep in and go on a run along the beach. Then I looked at all the shops and hung out on the beach all day. It was a great day topped off with dinner at a fancy Japanese place where they grilled the food in front of you. I've never been to one of those and I loved it!

Then Thursday was a full day! First, we went on a run together along the beach - Merrill had to go way slow for his pregnant wife - thanks honey! ;) Then we got to go hiking to Maunawili Falls. A none tourist hike which was so beautiful but super muddy! We had to hose down our shoes afterward! But the view and hiking in the jungle was well worth it!

Then on the road again, we saw some awesome boats that some amazing Hawaiian made!

3 comments:

Jeffery Tessem said...

How Fun! And congrats on Baby! :)

Kathleen said...

um, that was me, but I'm sure Jeff would feel the same ;)

Cindy said...

It was such fun looking at your Hawaii pictures, and congrats on the baby!