Here are the latest and greatest happennings of our small army! Hopefully you enjoy the pictures and news.
-Merrill, Cami, Mikayla, Josh, Nano, Neah, David, and Alyssa (and I think that's enough...)
Monday, January 07, 2013
Long Overdue Cont....
Hey There! So this is what the rest of us have been up to. Our life has mostly focused on the twinnos for the last year but we have managed to have a little more fun as well!
Mikayla wanted warmer weather and we headed down to the valley. We got to see family and the Harmon's - wonderful friends that we met at Duke!
Merrill was next with his german chocolate cake, of course!
Nano wanted to go to the valley and enjoy Amie and Jeremy's "water park"! He shares his b-day with Uncle Jeremy and we all had fun celebrating together!
No picks of Cami's....just getting older! :)
Neah's pics are on mine or Merrill's phone, something was up with the camera but we got some cute pics of her just being her cute, fun self!
The babies one year party is on the next post! Can't believe we've made it a year with them already...sad to say most of that year is a blurr...I do hope I enjoyed the moments while in them since I can't remember them now!
Josh turned 8 and had a wonderful baptism. We had lots of family come and he was so excited to make this important step in his life and path back to our Heavenly Father. WE are so proud of you son!
Love you all!! Can't believe you kids are all growing up so quick...just a reminder for me to enjoy it more and lighten up a little bit! ;)
FUN WITH EACH OTHER AND FRIENDS
We have been able to enjoy one another and even make a few crazy trips! We went to CA and saw the Beck's (sadly, no pics with them!), we went to Sea World and spent lots of time on the beach! We went to Lake Powell with Christie, her kids and also met up with Lindsay and Brooke and their kiddos. Sadly their husbands weren't able to come and Merrill only came for a little while, but us ladies and kids had one adventure after another! :) The Aldriche's also stopped by on their trek west and the kids and I enjoyed a day at the Grand Canyon with them! (Never fear, Merrill & Eric got a bike ride in before they left!)
The kids enjoyed school. Merrill went with Mikayla on a field trip to the Grand Canyon, Mikayla took 1st place in her first science project for their science fair, Nano had an awesome Kindergarten graduation, Josh & Nano played football & soccer endlessly with neighbor friends - sadly no pics -, Neah helped me with the babies, and Merrill & I got to go to CO on a work trip with only the babies! Oh yes and we can't forget....we bought our house that we hope to stay in for a very long time!! (we've been in 5 houses in the last 3.5 yrs) - no pics of that either...I'll work on that!
We are loving being closer to family! We made a trip to UT and a great time there and then multiple trips to the valley to spend time with family there! We love you all and love all the fun we have!
Yip it's true! We let our kids get sugar overloads twice! We had Merrill's family reunion over Halloween and so we did some trunk or treating there and then Halloween night at our place! All with family! It was great!
They are getting into all sorts of trouble...now watch out when David gets his brace off this week! I'm really in for it then!
*Lynneah was eating a cookie, I asked her to stay in the kitchen to do so. She sat on the border between the kitchen and the living room with her feet on the LR floor and told me "my mouth is in the kitchen, my hand is in the kitchen, my finger is in the kitchen, my feet are not in the kitchen, my tookie is in the kitchen.." and she went on and on. :)
Thurs - April 22
* While vacuming this evening, I heard the boys upstairs, having a great time "getting ready for bed". I went up to check and found that they'd opened their window, broke the screen enough to throw cars and animals out the window onto the roof! At least they weren't out on the roof! Count my blessings, right! :) And Lynneah was in hysterics when I got on the roof to retrieve said toys - the girl loves me, what can I say - she was very concerned about just where her mommy was!
* Mikayla and I are reading the 39 clues books. She and I are racing to see who can finish book 4 first...kinda hard though when she got the book from her library at school - she has first dibbs! Alas, I might be beaten again!
Sat - April 10
* Nano has been catching on to very random things and thinking they are so funny. The thing I love is when he laughs, his eyes light up and he's just so cute and pleased with himself. Yesterday he was laughing in the middle of Josh's prayer. Josh said "Bless that we could have a good day". Nano afterwards, "Josh said 'Bless that wicked day'". Priceless!
* Watching Josh play checkers with Merrill and him saying, "I'm gonna rock at this game" and "I'm a rock star and this game" . And when he can't get anyone to play with him, he'll play with his imaginary friend - he always wins those ones.
Sun - April 4
* Neah has slept through the night a total of 5 nights in her 19 months of life! I think we might be on a roll!
*Mikayla was awesome during conference. She took notes during every speaker! She paid attention way better than me.
Wed - March 17
* Watching Josh, Nano and Mikayla make their own jungle gym out of the backyard swing set. They go from see-say to baby swing to rings to normal swing to a-frame to ground and run around again to the see-saw. Each has their own way of doing it and each way is awesome! Plus they were out there entertaining themselves for a good hour with it! :)
Tues - Jan12
*Josh at playgroup today, leading the kids in aerobics and yoga. Priceless!
*Lynneah has started running and her little waddle is awesome!
*Mikayla running to meet me as she gets off the bus, sometimes I'm not late. ;)
Mon - Jan 11
*Nano watching Dora. He gets into it these days and loves to repeat their phrases along with them - VERY LOUDLY. After his 6:00 am hot chocolate fix, watching that and trying so hard to repeat the phrases quietly so he doesn't wake everyone else....sweet boy!