Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The twins are here!!

David Merrill Birdno & Alyssa Gene Birdno

For vital stats and pictures, see:
http://web.me.com/birdnofam/images/twins/index.html

Even through she is much larger than David, Alyssa is in the NICU. They needed her to improve her lung capacity and get her blood sugar up. Things are coming along well in the NICU, and they are optimistic she can get out later today. They decreased her I.V. and she is feeding from a bottle pretty regularly. If they can cut off the I.V. totally and her blood sugar stays up, she will be able to come into Cami's room.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Congratulations to your WONDERFUL family! We love the name choices, especially David :)

The Kimber Crew said...

Yea! Congratulations! I can only imagine the Mommy challenges that are headed your way, but since Cami is super-mom, I'm sure you'll be just fine. I love the names and think they look precious and adorable!

Cindy said...

Oh they are precious! I of course will want to hear all of the details later. I think their weights are tremendous and that these are 2 lucky babies!

Katie said...

Congratulations guys!!! It was fun being tied with you in # of kids while it lasted. I don't think we'll ever catch up now:).

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful, glad they waited until you got home to make their debut ;)

Amy and Clark said...

Yay, yay, yay! So glad the made it (and not at the beach)! We are thrilled for you and hope you are all doing well!