Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mikayla's B-day Cake

Now here is a great story for you....
We don't get many gifts for the kids on their birthday but one thing we do is let them choose a cake and I try to be creative...well this year Mikayla said she wanted roses on her cake. So, I went online and looked for pictures of cakes that I could copy. Do you know what type of cakes have roses? Yes, of course, wedding cakes....so Mikayla chose a three tier cake with roses all over the layers and different colors and design for each tier. There was also one other thing...she doesn't really like cake so she wanted it made out of rice krispies.
I actually had a lot of fun doing this and while I was in the middle I hear "Mom, I think you need to get Nano, Mom can you come see this..." Well, I didn't stop right away, which I should have because when I came in I found THIS! Yes it is baby powder all over my piano, in the keys, and notice all the white on mounds just above the keys...those where some of his cars covered in baby powder and yes there is a haze of baby powder dust in the picture. When I came in Nano quickly brushed some of the powder off the keys!!
Oh my such fun!! My piano students every now and then will still play a note and get a puff of fresh scent and a little haze while playing! Gotta love this boy!!

4 comments:

PhillipsFam said...

Holy macrel cams - you don't post forever and then you go crazy!! too funny! I love the birthday cake made out of rice krispie treats, yummy plan! so, you are putting the house up for sale - did merrill get a job?

Anne said...

Cami - Hey I just took a minute to catch up on your blog. We love the pictures of Lynneah sitting up...that is an exciting stage. It seems I love all the different stages. It makes me excited to have another baby. I'm SO impressed with Mikayla's birthday party! You put a TON of effort into it - that's awesome. Your pinata was impressive. It seems like you can do anything you put your mind to. And the cake! It's as good as one of Aunt Nonie's! Your roses were beautiful and I don't know of any other 7 year old who gets 3 tiers! Thanks for posting the pictures. We love you. Carlos, Anne, Corina, and the new Baby

Amy Hansen said...

Oh my goodness that is a hilarious story! Those kids are great! They seem to always be getting into something and doing crazy stuff. I can tell they keep you on your toes. I love hearing about it though! And awesome job on the cake! You are so amazing...you are always so creative and all you do turns out so beautiful! I am so glad Mikayla's birthday was a success and lots of fun! Tell Merrill and the kids hi and I love all you so much and miss ya!

Cindy said...

Ow wow! Not everyone is so lucky to have such a good smelling piano! Just think...it could have been vaseline!