Sunday, May 04, 2008

BAAAAAD TORTEL

We went camping with Clark & Amy last weekend. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. On the way, we drove past this giant, ugly, snapping turtle on the side of the road. We pulled off and I went back to pick it up and bring it over for the kids to have a closer look. After being snapped at a couple of time--by the largest turtle I've come across in the wild--I managed to haul the creature back to the minivan. Once I was within steps of getting back to the kids, the turtle let loose and peed all over me! ICKKH! You have to look pretty hard to notice the darker spot down the right leg of my shorts, but I tell you it was there, and it smelled.

The next morning, the boys had a great time playing in the lake.

7 comments:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

WOW. Long time no talk with you guys!! Glad to hear all is well! Here's our blog if you're interested. boblettfamily.blogspot.com. Cute Kiddos!!
James and Sarah Boblett

Team Draughon said...

Those pictures are great! I can't believe that thing may be swimming around in the lake :) Thanks for posting!

Micah and Jen said...

That is a HUGE turtle....I can't believe you actually picked that thing up! Great story!

Katie said...

HOLY COW! Way to go Merrill...you are a brave soul!

Lindsay said...

Turtle pee....yum!

Schott's Schtick said...

And we thought the turtles at grandma vance's were cool!!! :o) Love ya guys!!!
Michelle,Dave, and 4

Yonker Family said...

Hey guys, I'm having fun looking over your blog. We had a really good time while you guys were here, I hope you will make it this way again sometime. The kids found the card you left for us on the way to bed that night and they were so excited, like it was some kind of mystery envelope or something. Anyway, thank you for the very thoughtful and generous gift, we have already put it to use. I hope your drive was safe and bearable. Thanks again for a great four days.